|Photo Danny Friedmann|
Perilous hills, but nice view.
Climb worth the risk?
Pfizer had some IP challenges in China. To brush up your memory, here is a summary of how Pfizer bot back its Viagra patent:
- September 19, 2001 SIPO granted a patent for Viagra's active ingredient;
- July 7, 2004 Patent Reexamination Board invalidated Pfizer's Viagra patent because it failed to meet the disclosure requirement;
- September 28, 2004, Pfizer appealed the Patent Reexamination Board's decision at the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate People's Court;
- June 2006 Beijing No. 1 Intermediate People's Court reversed the invalidation and remanded the case to SIPO for further determinations;
- The Chinese pharmaceutical companies appealed to the Beijing High People's Court;
- September 7, 2007 Beijing High People's Court upheld the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate People's Court.