Friday, June 23, 2006

Message IP Dragon: Research About China and TRIPS Online

After 300 posts gathering, commenting and sharing about IP in China, it's time to focus on one aspect in particular: Enforcement. This December 2006 it will be 5 years after China has acceded to the World Trade Organisation (WTO). Part of the WTO Treaty is the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS). So it is a timely question to ask whether China complies with TRIPS after this half decade.

I will research this question in a formal way by stating a hypothesis, using a table of contents and notes (if possible links). All postings are works in progress but my research should be finished by the end of August. I invite you to challenge any assertions I make, logical fallacies, warn me about things you don't understand and point me to anything that can shed new light on the subject, notify me of relevant papers, cases and examples. I would really appreciate it. It would be in your interest as well, because, in the end, the quality of this thesis is an important factor that could ensure that I can start blogging about IP in China, but then regularly from China, so that I could inform you better.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, so here is the first.

No comments: